Mersey Ferries - River Explorer Cruise and U Boat Story Ticket & Hotel Deals
- U-534 was sunk in 1945 and salvaged in 1993
- Includes a trip on the Mersey Ferry plus entry to The U-Boat Story
- A great day out for families
We care about the safety and wellbeing of our customers, and make it our job to support, and provide information to, any person with a medical condition or disability.
If you, or any member of your party has a condition or disability which may affect your holiday, please let us know before making your booking.
We can then discuss your needs and advise further if your preferred choice is unsuitable.
Call our team on (01) 695 0000, who will be happy to help.
Book your attraction break
Mersey Ferries - River Explorer Cruise and U Boat Story Ticket + Hotel Packages + Rail
Mersey Ferries - River Explorer Cruise and U-Boat Story Breaks
A great way to see the famous city sights and explore an actual Second World War submarine!
About Mersey Ferries - River Explorer Cruise and U-Boat Story
A world-class city. A world-famous ferry. This is THE way to see Liverpool. Hop aboard one of Liverpool's daily Mersey River Explorer Cruises for stunning views, fascinating history and unlimited sea air. An iconic Mersey Ferry will take you on a 50-minute journey with a commentary that lets you explore the River Mersey's rich past and present. You'll see world-renowned architecture and Mersey wildlife; hear stories of smuggling, music and war; and be touched by the lives of city's famously friendly people. The U-boat Story is a visitor attraction telling the story of World War II German submarine U-534. You will see into the cross-sectioned submarine and discover its amazing story through a highly interactive and exciting exhibition. View the amazing life onboard a real German U-Boat. With original film archive and interactive displays, you will witness all the dramatic action!
Mersey Ferries - River Explorer Cruise and U-Boat Story Highlights
- River Explorer Cruises depart hourly from the Pier Head Terminal
- See some of Liverpool's famous landmarks such as the cathedrals, the Liver building and the Albert Dock
- The U-Boat Story is located at Woodside ferry terminal, just step off the boat and you're there!
- The U-Boat Story contains fascinating artefacts and personal items recovered from the wrecked submarine
What Makes it Super
A great way to see the sights of Liverpool while cruising on an iconic Mersey ferry. The accompanying commentary is informative and amusing and tells some great stories about Liverpool's past and its colourful characters. The U-Boat story is built around U-534, a real life WW2 German submarine which was sunk during the war and raised from the depths to be put on display. It is one of only 4 U-Boats on display around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Super Break
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2017