SuperBreak Terms and Conditions
If you book a package holiday through us, once your package holiday has been confirmed we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with these Booking Conditions as an “organiser” under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. A “package holiday” is a combination of at least two out of (a) transport, (b) accommodation or (c) other tourist services (not ancillary to any transport or accommodation and forming a significant part of the arrangements) where booked through us at the same time, for which payment is made to us and which last at least 24 hours or include overnight accommodation.
Group reservations of 10 or more adults or 5 or more rooms are subject to different terms and conditions, a copy of which is available on request.
Booking with SuperBreak
1. Making your booking
The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. When making a booking, you must pay to us the payments referred to in clause 2 below.
If you book with us on line via a website, at the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our Booking Conditions. The final page gives you a booking reference which is your confirmation, which we will reconfirm to you if you have provided your email address. If booking by telephone or any other communication channel, on receipt of your booking and all appropriate payments we will, subject to availability, confirm your holiday by issuing a confirmation invoice to the party leader or travel agent.
Please check any documentation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. You must ensure that all information you give us in connection with your booking is accurate and complete. Failure to do so may indicate that the booking is fraudulent. In the event that any information is or appears to be incorrect or incomplete, we have the right to decline or cancel the booking as referred to in clause 8.
Full payment is required at the time of booking. For flight inclusive bookings, all monies paid to any authorised travel agent of ours for your holiday with us will be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust subject to the travel agent’s obligation to pay such monies to us in accordance with our trading terms unless we fail. In the unlikely event of our financial failure, all monies then held by the travel agent or subsequently paid by you to the travel agent will be held by the agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation on the agent to pay such monies to us. For holidays which do not include flights arranged by us, all monies you pay to one of our authorised travel agents for your holiday with us will be held by the agent on your behalf until we issue our confirmation invoice. After that point, your agent will hold the monies on our behalf.
3. Your contract
A binding contract between us comes into existence when either we dispatch our confirmation invoice or, for on line bookings, when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. We reserve the right to decline any booking at our discretion. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your holiday will be dealt with by the Courts of England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland as appropriate. Changes to these Booking Conditions will only be valid if agreed by us in writing.
4. The cost of your holiday
There are different ways of confirming the final price of your holiday depending upon whether you book by telephone or on line.
We reserve the right to increase or decrease the prices of breaks at any time prior to confirmation. The price of your chosen break will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. Accommodation rates and meals as described in the accommodation entry may not apply over Easter/ Christmas/New Year or certain dates associated with special events.
The prices shown on our website are for guidance only until you enter our secure server, when the rates shown are guaranteed, subject to reasonableness with regard to any rates shown that are clearly incorrect. We reserve the right to cancel bookings where the rate has been loaded incorrectly by either ourselves or our supplier, in this instance we will refund all monies paid to you but will not be liable for any additional costs/compensation. A total price of your chosen break will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not.
Please note, the information, images and prices shown in brochures and on our websites may have changed by the time you come to book your holiday. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the website, brochure and prices at the time of printing, regrettably changes and errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen holiday (including the price) with us or your travel agent at the time of booking.
If changes to transportation costs, taxes, dues, fees or exchange rates arise before your departure date, we may pass on differences in cost after you have booked. We will absorb an increase of up to 2% of the cost of your holiday (excluding insurance premiums and amendment fees). However, there will be no price change within 30 days of your departure date.
5. Changes by you
Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed break, you must notify us (by post, telephone or email) as soon as possible. Where changes are possible (see grid below) we reserve the right to apply the amendment fees/cancellation charges shown. Any amendment fees below are in addition to any difference in the price between the original booking and the price prevailing at the time of change in relation to the new booking.
Any alteration requested by you within 7 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation by you and you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 6. It is not possible to make changes to some breaks without incurring a cancellation charge of 100% of the full price of your break - we will inform you at the time of booking if your chosen break falls into this category.
|Amendment Fees||Name Changes||Date Changes (More than 28 Days Prior)||Date Changes (Within 28 Days)||Change of Accommodation|
|Hotel Only - Flexible Rates||15GBP/Name||15GBP/Name||15GBP/Name||15GBP/Booking|
|Hotel Only - Non Refundable / Advance Purchase Rates||Not Permitted||Not Permitted||Not-Permitted||Not-Permitted|
|Flight / Eurostar Package*||15GBP + Carrier Imposed Costs #||15GBP + Carrier Imposed Costs #||Not-Permitted||15GBP / Booking where hotel rate is Flexible|
|Minicruise Package||15GBP + Name||15GBP + Name||Not-Permitted||Not Permitted|
|Flexible Rail Package||15GBP / Name||15GBP / Name||15 GBP Name - Not Permitted within 7 days||15GBP / Booking where hotel rate is Flexible|
|Advance Rail Package / Theatre / Concert / Event Package||15GBP / Name||Not Permitted||Not-Permitted||15GBP / Booking where hotel rate is flexible|
# In some cases this may be 100% of the original price - please ask for details.
* It may not be possible to change times for flights or Eurostar
6. Cancellation by you
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us (by telephone). Cancellations made directly with the accommodation, transport or ancillary provider will not be effective. The following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges. Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable or transferable in the event of the person(s) to whom they apply cancelling.
We therefore strongly recommend clients are covered by comprehensive insurance. Details of our own policies are below.
|Cancellation Charges (including reducing
passenger numbers / services on bookings)
|More than 28 days prior to departure||15-28 days prior to departure||8-14 days prior to departure||0-7 days prior to departure|
|Hotel Only - Flexible Rates||20%||20%||20%||100%|
|Hotel Only - Non-Refundable / Advance Purchase Rates||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Flight / Eurostar Package||^ See Below||100%||100%||100%|
|Flexible Rail Package||20%||20%||20%||100%|
|Advance Rail Package||^ See Below||100%||100%||100%|
|Theatre / Concert / Event Package / Special Interest Break / Christmas and New Year Breaks / Airport Transfer and Sightseeing Tours||^ See Below||100%||100%||100%|
^Any monies paid to SuperBreak or its agents at time of booking
Where cancellation is possible, any flexible rail tickets you have purchased through us must be returned to us unused and at your expense within 28 days of the date of cancellation before any refund can be given. We recommend that you send the unused tickets to us by a secure postal method as no refund will be given if the unused tickets are not received by us.
Where any cancellation reduces the number of full paying party members below the number on which the price, number of free places and/ or any concessions agreed for your booking were based, we will recalculate these items and re-invoice you accordingly.
Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. All premiums must be paid at the time of booking, as cover will not be effective until we receive all applicable premiums in full. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs.
8. Changes and cancellation by us
Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in the brochure / website and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. Where any information provided to us in connection with any booking is or appears (in our reasonable opinion) to be incorrect or incomplete, we have the right to decline or cancel that booking.
In the event of cancellation of a confirmed booking in these circumstances, cancellation charges may be applied. Any refund we may agree to make will be conditional on ourselves and the credit card provider being satisfied that the transaction is not a fraudulent one. Occasionally, we have to make a “significant change”. “Significant changes” include the following changes when made before departure; a change of UK airport, a significant change of your destination, a change of accommodation to that of a lower classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time you are away, a change of accommodation area for the whole or a major part of the time you are away, a change of departure time by more than 12 hours or a cost increase of more than 10%. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:-
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements or
- purchasing an alternative break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available (subject to you paying any price differential between the two holidays). If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference.
- cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will pay you compensation where appropriate and depending on the circumstances and the length of time before your holiday we notify you of the significant change or cancellation, subject to the following exceptions.
Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care. No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if (1) we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or (2) we have to cancel because the minimum number of bookings necessary for us to operate your holiday has not been reached - in this case we will however, give you at least 7 days’ notice.
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation. We cannot be held liable for the cancellation of a show/event or the non-appearance of any particular cast member in a theatrical performance. If there is a significant change to your booking as a result of one of the aforementioned circumstances, we will firstly provide you with as much notice as possible (unless the significant change has happened on the day of the show/event/activity experience). You can then choose between accepting the change/alternative offered or cancelling the booking, in which case we will refund you in full for any monies paid (this section was previously under ‘cancellations by you’).
Due to reasons beyond our control it may be necessary to change the transportation carrier from that originally booked at any point prior to departure, this would not be classed as a significant change. Additionally, many airlines offer ‘code-shares’ whereby they market and sell flights using their own flight numbers however the actual flight is operated by another company, again this is perfectly normal practice and we cannot be held responsible for such circumstances and this would not be classified as a significant change.
9. Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 10(1) below) as a result of “force majeure”.
In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
10. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that all parts of the break we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are arranged, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your arrangements is caused by any failure by ourselves or our employees (providing they were at the time acting within the course of their employment) and (but only if you have booked a package holiday from us), our agents or suppliers (as applicable) to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question.
Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim. We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: -
- the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your break which we could not have predicted or avoided or
- an event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 9)
- the fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time. In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your break or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your break or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or, if you have booked a package holiday from us and we were responsible for them, our suppliers or agents or where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business. We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your accommodation provider or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure or on our website and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(2) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract - and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred if not the UK - will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature which might lead a reasonable holiday maker to refuse to take the holiday in question.
(3) Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, road or rail carrier or any stay in accommodation which we agree to supply to you as part of our contract, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or accommodation provider concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the travel arrangements or accommodation stay in question (copies available on request). Please note: Where a carrier or accommodation provider would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport or accommodation provider for the complaint or claim in question.
(4) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 11 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
Complaints & Queries - Help when you need it
We always aim to make sure you’re 100% happy with your break. However if your travel experience with us didn’t meet your expectations, our Customer Relations team is waiting to help you. If you encounter problems with your break whilst you’re away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service (s) in question. If you would like to contact us whilst on your break please call 01904 420440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here for you between the hours of 08.00am – 10.00pm Monday Sunday, *Bank holidays may vary. Alternatively, on your return you can call 01904 420440 or email our Customer Relations team at CR@superbreak.com.
Delays - In the event of a significant delay to any transportation booked as part of a Superbreak package you should always in the first instance speak with a representative of the transportation provider in order to gain immediate assistance. Policies in relation to compensation/cancellation vary depending on the mode of transport. Should you require specific information in relation to your carrier please contact us by telephone or email. In all cases we advise you to keep proof of delay and any out of pocket expenses in case you are able to make a claim.
When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation or other service. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
13. Conditions of suppliers
Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers (for example, where applicable, rail carriers, airlines and accommodation owners). Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 10 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
14. Special requests and medical problems
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, please tell us before you confirm your booking so we can assist you in considering the suitability of your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
15. Passports, visas and health requirements
You should check the passport, visa and health requirements which are applicable to the country(ies) which you intend to visit. Requirements may change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure. For British Citizens, information on health is contained in the Department of Health leaflet T6 (Health Advice for Travellers) available from your local Department of Health office and most Post Offices. For European holidays you should obtain a European Health Insurance Card - EHIC (details in leaflet T6 referred to above) prior to departure. It is the party leader’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by you. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
16. Financial security
A. For those booking travel arrangements departing from the UK (including Northern Ireland)
Superbreak Mini-Holidays Ltd holds an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) (ATOL number 10518). This means the package holidays inclusive of air travel are ATOL protected. We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable).You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk.
For non flight-inclusive package holidays only we hold a bond with ABTA. This arrangement means your money will be refunded or you will be brought back to the UK (where your contracted holiday arrangements include return travel to the UK) if already abroad in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
For accommodation only bookings outside the UK, all customer monies are held in a Trust Account approved by Trading Standards and reviewed by our auditors. This arrangement means your money for this type of booking will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your accommodation due to our insolvency.
B. For those booking travel arrangements departing from the Republic of Ireland
SuperBreak Mini-Holidays Ltd holds a licence issued by The Commission for Aviation (www.aviationreg.ie licence number TA0761) for the sale of Package Holidays including ferry or flight transport. This means that in the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAR will arrange for the money you pay for such arrangements to be refunded, or you will be brought back to the Republic of Ireland if already abroad. For non-flight or non-ferry inclusive package holidays, we hold a bond with ABTA and ABTA will protect your money in the same way. For accommodation only bookings outside the UK and the Republic of Ireland, all customer monies are held in a Trust Account approved by Trading Standards and reviewed by our auditors. This arrangement means your money for this type of booking will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your accommodation due to our insolvency.
Your holiday is protected in the event of failure of your airline. In the unlikely event that the airline that you are travelling with ceases trading during your holiday, you must contact us, in order that we can make alternative arrangements. We will not be liable for any additional costs incurred if you make your own arrangements.
17. Safety standards
Please note, it is the requirements and standards of the country in which any services which make up your holiday are provided which apply to those services and not those of the UK. As a general rule, these requirements and standards will not be the same as the UK and may sometimes be lower.
18. Accommodation Breaks - Minimum stay and meals
Certain breaks / accommodation may require minimum lengths of stay. Where an accommodation provider offers dinner this may be table d’hote, a carvery or may sometimes be in the form of an allowance against the à la carte menu. Some accommodation providers offer continental breakfast only. This normally consists of coffee or tea and bread rolls.
Additional Terms & Privacy Statement
20. Children and Infants Any policy regarding special rates for children and infants is set out in our brochure or is available on request. However, wherever possible children stay free or at 50% of the adult price and exact prices will be confirmed when booking. Free children rates do not normally include meals which are normally paid direct to the accommodation provider as taken.
If you contravene this policy a supplement may be payable to us or to our suppliers directly so that the correct price for the relevant service is paid. At some accommodation children may be charged a flat rate for meals, whether taken or not. Where children only pay 50% of the adult rate, half portions will be served for the meals included in the package price. Certain accommodations may apply restricted access times for children into leisure facilities - please ask for details at the time of booking.
21. UK Rail Inclusive Breaks
Rail inclusive breaks can be booked on line for most of our UK accommodation. Rail may be booked without accommodation to certain UK airport stations only if you are going onto travel outside of the UK. Please note that you may be asked to produce either your flight tickets or your SuperBreak confirmation by ticket inspectors. Bookings must not be made for travel within 3 working days of booking as tickets are dispatched from our office and cannot be collected at rail stations. Some rail inclusive offers that feature in our brochures cannot be booked on line and you need to call us to add these offers to your booking. Any differences to the booking conditions for rail inclusive breaks noted below are shown on the back of rail tickets - please check before travelling.
- The day on which you travel should coincide with the start of your break.
- For journeys to or via London, your rail ticket is not valid on trains scheduled to arrive before 10am Monday-Friday inclusive. This restriction does not apply for journeys started before 2am that day - please inform us if you intend to travel overnight and your ticket can be dated accordingly.
- For rail journeys passing through London, your ticket is valid on London Underground between your arrival and departure stations.
- However, for London breaks or Heathrow Airport stopovers, London Underground travel from your mainline arrival station is not included.
- Your holiday documentation must be carried at all times and shown to a Ticket Inspector on request as our rail fares are only sold in conjunction with accommodation.
- Unless otherwise requested, only one rail ticket is issued per booking and all customers must travel from the same station.
- Rail tickets may not be purchased in association with accommodation bookings for single rooms for one night only Monday to Thursday inclusive.
- Some small stations are closed on Sunday and First Class travel may not be available for the entire journey. Please check before travelling as no refund can be provided where services are not available.
- Your journey may be affected by engineering works. It is your responsibility to check with National Rail Enquiries for dates and details.
- UK rail services do not operate on 25/26 December and rail travel is not available on these dates.
22. Star Ratings
We have awarded our own star ratings which do not necessarily relate to those awarded by other organisations, but are solely designed to help you choose between the various accommodation providers.
23. Facilities and Car Parking
- We provide as much information as possible about each accommodation within the space available but you should check directly with us if you need to clarify any specific accommodation description and in particular, you should note that bedroom photographs are of a room in the accommodation and may not necessarily be the room allocated to you on arrival. It is also important that you check with your chosen accommodation if you require any special services such as babysitting, or if you want a room with sea view, etc. Payment for such services or special requirements should be made directly to the accommodation provider and you therefore need to check these charges with the accommodation provider prior to making your booking.
- Where car parking and leisure facilities are available there may be an additional charge for these services, and leisure facilities may not always be in the same building as your accommodation. Again, you should check with the accommodation provider before making your booking. Please note that car parking may be quite limited at certain accommodation.
- Airport accommodation offering car parking may use additional off-site parking facilities at peak times. Cars are left at owners own risk. We accept no liability for either theft or damage to vehicles parked at accommodation or off-site car parks.
- Please note that upon arrival at your accommodation you may be asked for a credit card imprint or cash deposit to cover any additional expenses incurred during your stay.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 we, Superbreak Mini-Holidays Ltd, are a data controller. In order to process your booking, we need to collect certain personal details from you. These details will include, where applicable, the names and contact details of party members, credit/debit card or other payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements and any dietary restrictions which may disclose your religious beliefs. If we need any other personal details, we will tell you before we obtain them from you. We need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organisations who need to know them so that your holiday can be provided (for example your airline, accommodation, other supplier, credit/debit card company or bank). Such companies and organisations may be outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein if your holiday is to take place or involves suppliers outside these countries.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, sending you a brochure or details of a promotion including by email). All details you give us in connection with your booking (including those relating to any disability or medical condition or your religious beliefs) will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes (unless you have asked us not to.).
Occasionally we hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, for example mailing information to our customers. We only provide those companies with the personal details relating to our clients which they require in order to deliver the service. They are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your details for this reason agrees to treat it with the same level of protection we are obliged to provide.
We may need to disclose our customer database, including any personal data relating to you contained therein, to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the assets or stocks in our company or our website service whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise. If you do not want us to do any or all of these things, please let our Marketing Department know as soon as possible. We are entitled to assume you do not object to our doing any of the things mentioned in this statement unless you tell us otherwise in writing. Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act, we will only deal with the personal details you give us as set out above unless you agree otherwise. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect this information. You are generally entitled to ask us (by letter or e-mail) what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We will charge a fee to respond to such a request. We promise to respond to your request within 40 days of receiving your written request and fee. In certain limited circumstances we are entitled to refuse your request. If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately. Where your booking has been made via a website, this privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites, and any information collated by these sites, are not covered by this privacy statement. As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law, we would encourage you to reread our privacy statement from time to time so that you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use personal information.
Superbreak Mini-Holidays Ltd., Trading/Registered Office: Eboracum Way, York YO31 7RE. Registered in England: No. 1674987
25. ABTA Statement
Superbreak Mini-Holidays Ltd is a member of ABTA with membership number Y1453. ABTA and ABTA members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com or 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ. Tel: 020 3117 0500. The above applies only to services supplied by Superbreak Mini-Holidays Ltd as covered by the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. Oct 2015