What Does Ireland Mean to You?
To enter simply send us a photo you have taken of Ireland, with a short description explaining the meaning behind the picture (approx 50-100 words). Whether you're a photography pro or just love snapping away on your phone, we can't wait to see your pics.
Our Shortlisted Entries
Cast Your Vote
Hotel Westport Leisure Spa & Conference is an award-winning hotel located in the Heart of Westport with private gardens, river walk and ample car parking. Hotel Westport has earned the reputation of one of Ireland's best loved hotels and is renowned for its stylish surroundings. During your break enjoy some leisure time in our award-winning Ocean Spirit Spa and Leisure. Enjoy excellent cuisine in the renowned Islands Restaurant or just relax over a few drinks in the Maple Bar.
Two lucky runners-up will be in with winning one of the following prizes.
1) A pair of 24hour visitor passes for Dublin worth €48 each, offering free entry to over 30 attractions, transport to and from the airport, and access to 20 special offers and discounts in shops.
2) A photography voucher for Giles Norman Gallery worth 100 Euros - one of Ireland's leading black and white landscape photographers.
Please read the competition terms and conditions before entering.
The Judging Process
The first round of judging will be carried out by three specially selected travel and photography professionals, who will narrow all entries down to a final five shortlist. Our esteemed judges are:
- Patrick Donald – one of Ireland’s leading photographers, working only in black and white. Patrick Donald is an award winning fine art photographer based in Dublin. He is well known for his photographs of the Irish Landscape and also has a collection of street documentary style images from countries like Cuba and India. Having opened a photography gallery in the centre of Dublin in 2012 his work has been very well received.
- Tom Sweeney - Award-winning travel editor and photographer, and journalist at the Evening Herald. Tom’s destination articles and photos have appeared in the Irish Independent’s Weekend magazine, the Herald, the Sunday World and the Sunday Life as well as in lifestyle magazines in Germany, Scandinavia and Spain. Tom specialises in adventure travel and city breaks. His most recent assignment saw him hiking and mountain biking in the Dolomites, while next up is a week in San Francisco. His most memorable adventure to date was a train trip through the Canadian Rockies and his favourite city in the world is Krakow.
- Sarah Laughran – Brand and Social Media Manager at SuperBreak. Sarah works at SuperBreak, managing our social media pages, and having a keen interest in travel, she loves snapping away while on holiday. Visiting new places is something Sarah likes to do and she tries to go somewhere different each year. Her most recent trip was to Phuket in Thailand, but seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland is next on her list.
- The competition is open to entries from Monday 19th September - Wednesday 19th October 2016
- Shortlist decided by judging panel on Thursday 20th October 2016
- Facebook voting to take place Friday 21st - Thursday 27th October 2016
- Winner will be announced on Friday 28th October 2016
Our Staff Photos
Our Photography Tips
Read more photography tips for taking a great photo on your phone over on our blog >> How to Take a Great Travel Photo Using Your Phone